Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Physical and Environmental Geography, Department of Geography, King’s College London, UK
Honorary Fellow, School of BioSciences, University of Melbourne
Visiting Academic, Biological Sciences, University of Southampton.
2016-2018: Lecturer in Community Ecology, Biological Sciences, University of Southampton.
2012-2018: Visiting Fellow, Fenner School of Environment & Society, Australian National University.
2012-2016: ARC Research Fellow (ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award; ARC Centre of Excellence for Environmental Decisions), University of Melbourne.
2012-2015: International Scholar, Department of Ecology, Evolution & Behavior, University of Minnesota.
2009-2012: Research Fellow, School of Botany, University of Melbourne (funding from: Australian Weeds Research Centre; Applied Environmental Decision Analysis; National Climate Change Research Adaptation Facility).
2009-2011: Vegetation Specialist on “River Health & Environmental Flows in China”, Australia-China Environment Development Program.
I graduated from my PhD in 2009 and was supervised by Prof. Barbara Downes in the Geography department, University of Melbourne (PhD duration: 3.5 years). I examined factors that influence plant community composition and exotic invasion in floodplain wetlands along the regulated Murray River, south-eastern Australia. My project was supported by CSIRO Land and Water, the CRC for Australian Weed Management, theWentworth Group of Concerned Scientists, Holsworth Wildlife Research Endowment, The University of Melbourne and an Australian Postgraduate Award. In 2006, I spent three months in Sweden working with Prof. Christer Nilsson’s Landscape Ecologyresearch group at Umeå University.
Before my PhD, I worked as an environmental consultant on freshwater-based projects (Ecological Engineering Pty Ltd). As an undergraduate student, I worked for the CRC for Catchment Hydrology, the CRC for Freshwater Ecology and at the Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies (CRES) and Integrated Catchment and Management at the Australian National University. I completed a BA, BSc (Hons) from Monash University in 2003.
- Australian Research Council
- US National Science Foundation
- UK Natural Environment Research Council
- BiodivERsA (pan-European biodiversity research funding agency)
- The Nature Conservancy
- German Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Ecological Society of Australia
- CABI Publishing
- Cambridge University Press
- Nature Ecology & Evolution
- Ecology Letters
- Trends in Ecology & Evolution
- PLOS Biology
- Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment
- Global Change Biology
- Global Ecology & Biogeography
- Journal of Ecology
- Ecology & Evolution
- Journal of Applied Ecology
- Proceedings of the Royal Society B
- Philosophical Transactions B
- Biological Conservation
- Diversity and Distributions
- Perspectives in Plant Ecology, Evolution and Systematics
- PLoS ONE
- Austral Ecology
- Journal of Vegetation Science
- Plant Ecology
- Plant Ecology and Diversity
- Environmental Research
- Biological Invasions
- Restoration Ecology
- AoB Plants
- Acta Oecologia
- Health Promotion International
- PNAS of India