– Reader in Ecology, Department of Geography, King’s College London, UK
– Honorary Fellow, School of BioSciences, University of Melbourne, Australia
– Elected staff member of KCL Academic Board
– Deputy Chair of Undergraduate Examinations, KCL Geography
– Deputy Chair of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, KCL Geography
– Editor for Conservation Letters (IF 7.4, 2/59 Biodiversity Conservation)
– Associate Editor for Journal of Ecology (IF 5.7, 12/228 Plant Sciences, 16/164 Ecology)
– Editorial Board of BES Ecological Reviews book series
– Programming Group for BES Ecology Live online seminar series
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, University of Southampton, UK
- PhD (Ecology), University of Melbourne, Australia (supervised by Barbara Downes)
- BA, BSc (Hons) (Ecology, Geography, Politics), Monash University, Australia
2016-2020: Editor for Neobiota
2018-2019: Visiting Academic, Biological Sciences, University of Southampton.
2016-2018: Lecturer in Community Ecology, Biological Sciences, University of Southampton.
2012-2018: Visiting Fellow, Fenner School of Environment & Society, Australian National University.
2014-2018: Editor for Ecological Society of Australia’s Hot Topics
2012-2016: ARC Research Fellow (ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award; ARC Centre of Excellence for Environmental Decisions), University of Melbourne.
2012-2015: International Scholar, Department of Ecology, Evolution & Behavior, University of Minnesota.
2009-2012: Research Fellow, School of Botany, University of Melbourne (funding from: Australian Weeds Research Centre; Applied Environmental Decision Analysis; National Climate Change Research Adaptation Facility).
2009-2011: Vegetation Specialist on “River Health & Environmental Flows in China”, Australia-China Environment Development Program.
2003-2008: environmental consultant on freshwater-based projects (Ecological Engineering Pty Ltd, Stormy Water Solution Pty Ltd).
- Australian Research Council
- US National Science Foundation
- UK Natural Environment Research Council
- BiodivERsA (pan-European biodiversity research funding agency)
- The Nature Conservancy
- German Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Ecological Society of Australia
- CABI Publishing
- Cambridge University Press
- Nature Communications
- Nature Ecology & Evolution
- Ecology Letters
- Trends in Ecology & Evolution
- PLOS Biology
- Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment
- Global Change Biology
- Global Ecology & Biogeography
- Journal of Ecology
- Ecology & Evolution
- Journal of Applied Ecology
- Proceedings of the Royal Society B
- Philosophical Transactions B
- Biological Conservation
- Diversity and Distributions
- Perspectives in Plant Ecology, Evolution and Systematics
- PLoS ONE
- Austral Ecology
- Journal of Vegetation Science
- Plant Ecology
- Plant Ecology and Diversity
- Environmental Research
- Biological Invasions
- Restoration Ecology
- AoB Plants
- Acta Oecologia
- Health Promotion International
- PNAS of India